ALION PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy is important to us and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) provides important information about how Alion Science and Technology Corporation and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (“Alion,” “we,” or “us”) handles your personal information. This Privacy Statement describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us on this website and may be used or shared by Alion to provide you with information, products or services.
By using our website, you consent to our collection and use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Alion is committed to the responsible handling and protection of personal information. Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to either: (a) an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or online identifier; or (b) one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person.
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information only when needed to provide our products or services, or for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement.
The types of personal information we collect
If you are a visitor to www.microsaintsharp.com, depending upon how you interact with our website, we may collect business contact information, such as your name, address, email, company, phone number, and other related information requested on our online forms.
Other than as described in this Statement, we DO NOT use or share with third parties your personal information for any purpose other than for the requests, issues, transactions, or projects for which we receive it, unless doing so is required by law, regulation, or judicial process. While your personal information is in our possession, we will protect it using the same administrative, physical, and technology safeguards that we use to protect our own highly confidential information.
How we use personal information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- Provide information to you about our products or services.
- Provide you with marketing communication and information.
- We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud.
- We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information-security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
When we share personal information
Alion shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide our services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
- Within Alion: Our business is supported by a variety of Alion functions, and personal information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development.
- Our business partners: We occasionally partner with other organizations to deliver Services. As part of this partnering, we and our partners may collect and share information about you. Alion will handle personal information in accordance with this Statement, and we encourage you to review the privacy statements of our partners to learn more about how they collect, use, and share personal information.
- Our third-party service providers: Our business operations are sometimes supported by third-party service providers. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as legal services; job applicant screening; and employee benefits administration. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- To protect our rights, systems, and Services.
Where we store and process personal information
Alion is a US-based organization and your personal information will be stored and processed in the US according to this Privacy Statement.
Alion takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted industry standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. These policies and procedures:
- Protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- Restrict access to personal information
- Implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- Include Privacy Impact Assessments to support legal and business requirements
- Require privacy, information security, and related training on a regular basis to our employees and contractors who have access to personal and sensitive information
- Continuous monitoring regarding compliance with information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
- Require third-party vendors and providers to protect personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures